It’s a Book

We have been learning about reading and writing with blogs. We are participating in a  global collaboration project called The Student Blogging Challenge in which students and classes from around the world join together to work on improving their writing through blogging.  This project also challenges us to learn new web tools that support and enrich our learning.  We learn how to communicate and collaborate with others around the world.

We know that we are also using our blog to practice our independent and partner reading with our parents. Reading includes: independent reading, partner reading, and listening to a book being read aloud We know we can also read books on the iPad or the computer.

We will also be starting book bags for at home reading.  This is are a fun way to do your daily reading homework, and a great way for you to share your learning with us.  We will be blogging about our reading as a way to share our reading reflections with each other.  I am excited to start this type of book sharing. Yay for reading!

IMG_6677

IMG_6678

Do you have a favorite book?

33 Responses to It’s a Book

1. Hailey Brandvold says:

Dear Ms. Amri,

I have lots of favorite books! Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes, The Indian and the Cupboard, The Penderwicks, My Father’s Dragon books and The One and Only Ivan are some of my favorites.

What is your favorite book?

From Hailey

Thanks for your comment. Those are great books.I love Louis Sacher’s book Sideways Stories from Wayside School. I read it to the class last year. It is hysterical. Do you know it?

2. Henry says:

My favorite books are Pokemon, Henry and the Dragon, Cheetah books and Scooby Doo.

I can’t wait to read more!

Henry

Dear Henry,
      Thanks for leaving me a comment again this week! I love cheetahs. They have an amazing body. We will be studying animals this year. I look forward to learning more every year through our reading. There is always something new to learn.

3. Cohen says:

I have lots of favorite books. My favorite books are about sports history. And I love to read facts about ‘record breaking’ and ‘best of’ sports books. I also love Pete the cat books because he’s funny.

Dear Cohen,
      Thanks for leaving me a comment. That is good to know that you like sports so much. Do you have a favorite sport? I see you play many.Pet the Cat is a hilarious character. I really enjoy those books, too.
      Fondly, Jody

Ms. Amri,

I did not know about The Sideways Stories books, I will get one from the library!

From, Hailey

5. Isla says:

My favorite book is Lost and Found. It is about a penguin and a boy. I also like Chicka Chicka Boom Boom and I read the whole thing to my parents and my baby sister, of course.
    Isla

Dear Isla,
      Thank you for your comment. I love Chicka Chicka Boom Boom. It is such a great book to practice our skill of “reading like the book wants to be read”. It is a super fun book. Keep on reading, you Ribera Lane Staffordian!

6. Lily says:

I love all Ivy and Bean books. What is your favorite book?

Dear Lily,
      I love Ivy and Bean, too. Have you read the Eerie Elementary School series? I think you might like those, too. They are a little mysterious and are funny as well.

7. Blake Press says:

I have a favorite book. It is………My Little Pony and also Magic Tree House books. I liked the video when the donkey did the loud noise in the other seat. That part is hilarious. And I liked the part where it yells “It is a book!” and I like the part where the mouse says “by Lane Smith.” And you are the kindest teacher I ever met.
    Blake Paul Press

Dear Blake,
      Thanks for your comment. Those are great books and good choices for your reading time. I agree with you that the character of the donkey is hilarious. You are so sweet to say that about me. I can say the same thing about you, Blake! You are one of the kindest students I have ever met. Keep up the kindness. You matter and can change our world! We need more kindness, and . . . great dancers. Keep that up, too.

8. Anonymous says:

I like “Magic Treehouse.” My favorite book in the series is “Night of the Ninjas.” It is fun to read.

From Jackson

Thanks for leaving me a comment! Magic Treehouse books are so great. They have a little mystery in them, they are adventurous and funny. They are a great choice for your reading.Keep up the great reading, Jackson!

9. Anonymous says:

sydney loves pete the cat books and ramona the brave, she loves chapter books that encourages her to read out of her comfort zone and start challenging herself she loves to read

Dear Sydney,
      Thank you for leaving me a comment! That is great that you like the Beverly Cleary series. Ramona books are a good choice. They are funny and adventurous. I am happy you like the series Pete the Cat as well, as each of the books has such an important message about facing life with a positive mindset.
      Keep up the great reading, Sydney!

10. Xander says:

Hi Mrs. Amri. I like lego ninjago and lego Star Wars books.

from Xander

Dear Xander,
      Thank you for your comment. I am happy you are finding books in the classroom that you like. Keep up the good work. You will be a great reader.

Dear Friend,
      Thanks for your comment. The Diary of a Wimpy Kid series is very funny. I am happy you enjoy them. Don’t forget to sign your first name at the end of your comment

11. Luke says:

I have lots of favorite books! I like to read Captain Underpants, The Littles, and My Father’s Dragon. I like the series Who Would Win?, Goosebumps, and Secret Agent Jack Stalwart.

What books do you like?

Luke

Dear Luke,
      Thank you for your comment. Those are great books. Some of my favorite series are the Beverly Cleary books (Ramona), Magic Tree House, and Eerie Elementary School (a new series I really like). Thanks for asking!

Mrs Amri,

My favorite book is Biscuit makes a new friend, Pete the cat books, and Lulu’s wild party. In lulu’s wild party, it’s about a ladybug who has a birthday party and has all of her bug friends over. My favorite part is when they jumped in the mud puddles!

Dear Gabrielle,
      That is a wonderful book! Pete the Cat is great, too. Keep up the great reading! Thanks for leaving me a comment.

13. Payton says:

Mrs. Amri-

My favorite book is, Ira Sleeps Over. I read this book when I have sleepovers over at my grandma and Papa’s house. The big sister is very sassy. Ira is trying to figure out if he wants to bring his teddy bear, or if he doesn’t want to bring his teddy bear to the sleep over. He is going to have a sleepover at his neighbors house whose name is Reggie. I like this book and have good memories of it because it reminds me of my sleepovers with my grandma.

~ Payton

Thank you for your comment. Isn’t that interesting how books can bring back great memories of where and when you read them? You will probably always love Ira Sleeps Over even when you are all grown up. Thanks for sharing your ideas with the class on the blog.

14. Anonymous says:

hi Mrs. Amri
    I wish I could be there!!!
    love,
    Asia

Dear Asia,
      What a nice surprise that you are leaving me a comment! Thank you for staying connected with the Crew. I am so excited for you to be in third grade. You will have a great year.

15. Anonymous says:

I don’t have a favorite book because I like all books. I like Don’t Let the Pigeon Stay up Late, The Pigeon Wants a Puppy, The Pigeon Finds a Hot Dog, and Don’t Let the Pigeon Drive the bus. What is your favorite book? Have a good night!
    From Isabelle

Dear Isabelle,
      Thank you for the comment. The Pigeon books are hilarious. I love them, too. I have to say I really love all of Amy Krauss Rosenthal’s books. I love Exclamation Mark and Chopsticks. They always make me laugh. I hope you read some of the other books she wrote that I have on my author of the month shelf. They are all great books.

16. Liam says:

Hi Mrs. Amri,
    I have lots of favorite books! Some of them are Elephant & Piggie and the Pigeon books, The Bad Guy books, The Captain Awesome books, The Captain Underpants books, and Pokemon books.
    ~ Liam

Thanks for your comment. Those are very funny books. I can tell you enjoy a good laugh. I do, too! Keep on reading.