International Day Of Peace

We read a great book last week called The Peace Book, by Todd Parr. Listen and read along with the story below.

We learned that peace is many different things. We will try to practice acts of kindness as a way create more peace each day. Thursday is International Day of Peace. Children around the world will be practicing acts of peace as a way to make a positive change in our world. Let’s all join in and do what we can to make it a more peaceful world.

On Friday the second graders will lead the School Assembly and talk our second grade Community Time. During our Community Time, we talk about the things that are going well and discuss concerns we have. We are learning how to listen to each other well, and how to problem solve together as a community. These are important learning targets for us.  This makes us a strong community and creates more peace with our friends at school.

Thursday we will explore our West Linn community at our local grocery store, bank, orthodontics office and public library. A community helps provide us with our wants and our needs. We are continuing our social studies unit on Communities and look forward to seeing why West Linn, Oregon is such a great community to live in.

As a Stafford community let’s all join in with others to do what we can to make it a more peaceful world.

Which acts of peace will you practice this week?

28 Responses to International Day Of Peace

1. Payton White says:

Mrs. Amri –

I will be work on being kind to my sisters. Our neighbors had a house fire this morning, so I will be praying for them as they go through this process of rebuilding their home. We will also reach out to them to see if there’s anything we can do to help.

-Payton

Thanks for your comment. These are great ways to create peace. I was so sorry to hear about your neighbors home. I will be holding them in my thoughts. Thanks for sharing that and how you are thinking to help support them. Keep up the great work!

2. Henry says:

This week I will read books, clean up my neighborhood and think of someone I love.

Henry

Dear Henry,
      Thanks for leaving me a comment. These are such great ways to create more peace. Keep up the good work!

This week I will be kind to my sister, I’ll be a good friend and and I will look for ways to help others.

Hailey

Thank you for leaving me a comment today! These are great ideas for creating peace. Keep up the great work!

4. Xander says:

Hello Mrs. Amri,

I will practice peace by not arguing with anyone and I will give lots of hugs.

Xander

Dear Xander,
      Oh my, what a great idea! Giving more hugs is an awesome way to create more peace. Thanks for sharing your idea in a comment so everyone can read it.

5. Liam Reyburn says:

Hi Mrs. Amri,

The acts of peace that I am going to practice this week are being helpful and nice to my brother and sister, take care of and feed our dogs, and take the trash and recycling out to help take care of our planet.

– Liam

You are on top of being a super peacemaker! Keep up the great peacekeeping efforts and thanks for leaving your ideas in a comment so others can be inspired by them.

6. Cohen says:

being a good example to preschoolers and kindergarteners, how to behave in line and to do the finger wave and not high five and smile. I will be nice to everyone!!

Dear Cohen,
      These are some great ideas, especially being a role model for the younger students. They look up to you and will follow your lead. Thanks for sharing your ideas in a comment so everyone can read them.

7. Jackson Smith says:

My acts of peace are helping people, being kind and helping to solve problems. What are your acts of peace?
    Love, Jackson

Thanks for your comment! These are wonderful ideas for sharing acts of peace with the people around you. I will write some happy notes this week to some new teachers and I think we should all write some notes for our preschool friends. Maybe we should just draw some nice pictures for them. Let’s do it!

Mrs Amri-

I am going to offer someone hug and being thoughtful. I am going to draw a picture for someone I love. I will continue to be kind to all my friends.

Dear Gabrielle,
      These are great ways to be a peacemaker. Thanks for thinking of more and more ways to create peace in our world.

9. this week peace to me is learning about kindness and how to do random acts of kindness to others and learn how to pay it forward and also learn how peace in our world helps us unite and learning about how tradegies such as september 11 helped build peace as a country

Dear Sydney,
      You are such a great peacemaker! Thanks for being so kind and caring to others around you. You will make a difference in this world!

10. Tyler says:

I will practice peace this week by making new friends, offer wing a hug to a friend, helping my mom out at home,

Dear Tyler,
      Thanks for your comment. You are doing great things to create peace around you. Keep up the great work.

11. Dustin Peterson says:

To: Mrs. Amri
    I’m going to practice being quite like Felisha Ann from Goonie Bird Green.
    From:Dustin.

Dear Dustin,
      You are so funny! I appreciate that you are not as quiet as Felicia Ann. I think she is a little too shy. You may think to raise your hand more often so everyone can hear your comments. Thanks for always wanting to share your ideas and thoughts.

12. Luke says:

I am going to try very hard to be nice and show some peace. I am going to help feed my dog Wally food. I am going to help my mom with the dishes. For you, I will listen my hardest.

Luke

Dear Luke,
      These are some wonderful ways to bring more peace to the world around you! Thank you for sharing your ideas with me and he world.

13. Isabelle says:

This week I helped keep the bus and my room cleaned. I also took care of my dog.
    Isabelle

Dear Isabelle,
      Those are wonderful ways to create more peace. Keep up the good work! We need more peacemakers in this world.

14. Lyric Ball says:

I am going to be nice to people, friends and family.
    Lyric

Dear Lyric,
      Thanks for your comment. This is a wonderful way to create more peace in the world. Your smile brings joy to all. Keep passing that one. I first noticed your beaming smile when you were in kindergarten. You started creating peace way back then. Thank you for your hard work!